Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympic Doodle - Day 1

I'm enjoying the doodle a day for the Olympics so far, so here is day two's doodle (click to see the close-up details):
I had done much of this by the time I learned about the death of Georgian athlete Nodar Kumaritashvili, so I was at a bit of a loss how to acknowledge that into what had started off as a goofy doodle all about fun. You'll find the corner I dedicated to him in the lower left. Also, just a note that I acknowledge that doing the totem pole is a bit of a no-no... I consider it a one off, actually in recognition of the originators of totem poles which, here in BC, are primarily Haida.

You can see my companion post, My Olympics - Day 1: Bittersweet over on my main blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely little sketch
Keep up the good work
::::::::::::::::::::